We are a hard-working and well-rounded four-year emergency medicine program in the heart of North Philadelphia. We accept 15 motivated residents per year into our program who are excited about emergency medicine. We will help you to master the field of emergency medicine and to develop your teaching, research, and administrative skills. Our goal is to prepare residents for the successful practice of Emergency Medicine in whatever environment they choose.
- One of the oldest EM residency programs in the country with over 35 years of training residents
- Training experience in both a Level I academic urban ED and a community ED
- Training with high acuity and low acuity patients to provide experience covering the vast spectrum of illness seen in the ED
- Experience with adult and pediatric patients
- Extensive experience in managing medical and trauma resuscitations
- Medical, surgical, cardiac, neurologic, pediatric, and neonatal ICU experience
- Advancement into teaching and supervisory roles as third and fourth year residents
- Dedicated elective and research time
- State-of-the-art Simulation Center
- Fellowship-trained faculty in Critical Care, Ultrasound, Toxicology, EMS, and Disaster Medicine
- A dedicated month of Orientation each July for the incoming interns with didactic and clinical curricula centered on the approach to common emergency department complaints and procedures.